Date: September 15, 2021
YES! Coordinator Position
Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center (PWELC)
Join a team of dedicated professionals in empowering youth to create solutions to today’s ecological challenges. This full-time position (30-40 hours/week with benefits) is a great opportunity to share your expertise and passion for the environment with youth.
PWELC, a nonprofit organization located near Spicer, Minnesota, provides outstanding environmental education and outdoor experiences to people of all ages. The YES! program empowers teams of youth to partner with their community in hands-on learning and meaningful projects related to water conservation and quality, energy efficiency, renewable energy, waste reduction, recycling, composting, local foods, and more. Please visit www.yesmn.org to learn more about YES! and the tremendous work being accomplished by YES! teams throughout our region and the state.
- Serve as main point of contact for YES! teams (grades 8-12) and their coaches/teachers in west central Minnesota
- Facilitate youth teams as they plan student-driven water, energy and waste reduction projects in their school and community
- Provide teams with resources, educational opportunities, ongoing support and follow-up
- Recruit new teams by communicating and meeting with school administration, potential coaches, and community members
- Plan and facilitate workshops/events
- Lead communication efforts about YES!
- Assist with other programs at PWELC as needed (up to .25 FTE)
- Passion for environmental stewardship and experiential education
- High school diploma required; college degree and/or experience working with youth in an educational setting preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Event-planning and organizing skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships within a network of organizations, businesses, communities, and individuals
- Team player who is personable, highly self-motivated and has a good sense of humor
- Sound understanding of sustainability topics including water quality and conservation, renewable energy, local foods, and waste reduction preferred
- Grant-writing experience a plus
Position based from PWELC near Spicer, MN. Some regional travel required with meals & mileage reimbursement allowance. Minimum of 30 hours of work with benefits. Weekly hours vary.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate dependent on experience/qualifications
Timeline: Position starts October 25, 2021. Open Until Filled.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter and references to [email protected]
This position is made possible through a grant from the Minnesota Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund (ENRTF) and LYFT Career Pathways. Grant funding is currently available through June 2023, with strong potential for continuation.