- YES! Project Guide: Composting
- YES! Project Guide: Hydroponics
- YES! Project Guide: Planter Boxes
- YES! Project Guide: Pollinator Garden
- YES! Project Guide: Soil Amendment
- YES! Project Guide: Water Conservation Plan
- Minnesota Grown – A directory of MN Farmers and Growers
- Farm to School Toolkit – How Minneapolis Public Schools
buys fresh produce from local farmers
- Foraging in MN – Minnesota offers an abundance of native foods for people to harvest and eat
- Deep Winter Greenhouses – designed to limit the amount of fossil fuel it takes to grow crops during cold winters
- Nourish Curriculum Guide – offers a rich set of resources to open a meaningful conversation about food and sustainability.
- Edible Landscapes – Gathering and growing edible fruits and nuts
- Grow herbs to cook with – Find out how to start your herb garden here! Find some of the easiest herbs to grow inside here!
- Build a raised garden- Find step-by-step instructions here!
- Plant fruit and nuts trees/shrubs- Find out what species are great to incorporate into your landscape here!
- Visit a local farm or ranch- Help out and learn about what it takes to get food to our table! Find a list of MN growers here!
- Forage for food – Did you know that in MN we have so many wild foods available at our fingertips? Find out what to forage by season; here is a great book from the University of MN Extension!
- Michael Pollan: Why Eat Local? (2 min)
- Midwest Foraging: 115 Wild and Flavorful Edibles from Burdock to Wild Peach
- Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto by Michael Pollan
- The Fate of Food: What We’ll Eat in a Bigger, Hotter, Smarter World by Amanda Little