by Shelli-Kae Foster
My 10 years with YES! has been filled with wonderful people who all share a similar passion – the environment. But what makes YES! unique is the youth that put that passion into action. I have been awestruck with their motivation to make our world a better place and to combat climate change head on.
Reflecting back, here are memories that make me smile:
- YES! rebrands from Youth Energy Summit to Youth Eco Solutions
- Eyewitness to hundreds of FANTASTIC student-driven projects completed
- Being inspired daily by youth to help our planet
- Presenting to the legislature (1 time with my son Manford who is a YES! coach!)
- Presenting at the UofM Medical School lecture series
- Being on the Twins home plate handing out awards to deserving students
- Working with entities that support the mission of YES! including LCCMR, NSF, McKnight, Bush, LYFT, WM, KPC, and more
I have been a part of the environmental community for over 30 years and will continue to seek ways to be a part of the solution to today’s eco challenges. And YES! will always be a big part of me, as I believe it has become part of my DNA.
No good-byes, just “see you soon!”