- YES! Project Guide: Carbon Water and Climate Change
What will YOU drive? Electric Vehicles & Clean Transportation YES! Virtual Workshop
Clean Transportation for Schools
- Safe Routes to School – Walking and biking to school
- Safe Routes to School – Grants for schools and communities
- Bus Fumes Linked to Poor Test Scores – Fixing school buses is an effective (and cheap) way to improve students’ health and academic performance
- School Bus Emissions Visual – Diesel vs. electric engines
- From Yellow to Green – Reducing School Transportation’s Impact on the Environment
- Bio Bus– This commuter bus runs on poop!
- Walk and Bike to School – Plan a Walk and Bike to School Day
- Host a Ride and Drive – How to host a Ride and Drive event
Climate Change and Air Quality
- Air Pollution from Transportation – Environmental Protection Agency
- Carbon Counter – Cars evaluated against climate targets interactive graph (See customize tab)
- New MIT app – Check if your car meets climate targets
Understanding Electric Vehicles (EV)
- Electric vehicles – Economics, incentives, availability, and deals
- Hybrid Vehicle Information – How hybrid cars and trucks work
- Electric Vehicles in Minnesota – PowerPoint Presentation
- Shift2Electric – Midwest EV Models, Info Lists, and Safety Ratings
- Finding the Right Vehicle – EV Buying Guide
Interested in a fuel-efficient vehicle? – Here are some tools to help you decide
- Connect with MN Electric Vehicle Owners – EV Owner Forum
- Becoming Electric Vehicle Ready – Five principles for what constitutes an EV ready city
- EV Charging – All you need to know about charging EVs
- PlugShare – Search for a charging station
- ChargeHub – Free app for mobile devices
- Make Your Own Solar Car- In this project you will need creativity and experimentation to design and build a car powered by two solar cells and a small electric motor.
- Be a role model for clean transportation- Show your family and friends how easy it is to choose environmentally-friendly transportation by taking a public bus or train, riding your bicycle, walking, or carpooling instead of driving alone.
- Investigate electric vehicles (EVs)- If your family is thinking about buying a car, steer them toward electric vehicles! To compare different EV models available in MN, click here. An interactive graphing app called com is helpful for comparing lifetime carbon emissions and cost for all types of vehicles.