Congratulations to the West Central YES! Teams for yet another amazing year of hardworking students completing complex projects. This year’s West Central Regional Judging took place at Dahmes Stainless Inc. in New London, Minnesota where five judges from the community came together to assess accomplishments of the six West Central YES! Teams.
All-Star Award Recipient – Glencoe-Silver Lake YES! Team
- Outstanding work in all the following categories: project impact, goal setting, teamwork, community leadership, and community education.
Project Impact Award Recipient – Atwater-Cosmos-Grove City YES! Team
- Outstanding projects that will continue to impact the community include: Tree Trench, Elementary Education, Parking Lot Light Retrofit, and Climate Convening
Wow Factor Award Recipient – Hutchinson YES! Team
- Outstanding Project: Construction of a Tiny House
Goal Setting & Teamwork Award Recipient – New London-Spicer YES! Team
- For showing exemplary goal setting skills and including all members of the team to accomplish many different goals.
Community Leadership & Education Award Recipient – Lac qui Parle Valley YES! Team
- For their impressive use of community collaboration on the WorldWear Shoe project as well as showing skills including innovation, problem-solving, communication, teamwork, and project management of their greenhouse.
On behalf of the YES! staff, we would like to, yet again, thank you all for your hard work in making a better planet for our future.